Awarded by the Chesapeake Stormwater Network (CSN)
Underwood & Associates, along with our partners Anne Arundel County, South River Federation, and District Department of the Environment, has been awarded three out of the seven categories for the following projectsThe winners of each category were chosen by the CSN committee but the top winner is chosen by the you! The general public! Check out what the BUBBA is all about below. Then click the link here (http://chesapeakestormwater.net/the-bubbas/2015-bubbas-winners/) to vote for your favorite Underwood & Associates project!
The Best Urban BMP in the Bay Award contest (BUBBA) recognizes the best urban BMPs that have been installed in the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Many other organizations have offered LID (low impact development) design competitions to promote the implementation and adoption of LID practices in areas where they have not previously been employed. Here, in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, LID practices are more commonly employed as a result of stringent stormwater management regulations and the recently implemented Bay TMDL. One of the things we have seen here at CSN is that local implementers tend to lead the way in trying new and innovative approaches to dealing with difficult stormwater problems. For example, a retrofit constructed in an ultra-urban environment faces many more challenges than one in a suburban environment and there are many localities that have come up with effective ways for facing those challenges. The goal of the BUBBAs is to:
- Recognize innovators in the field who are using new and innovative techniques for facing the challenges of stormwater management;
- Provide an avenue for disseminating these techniques to other communities who could benefit from the lessons learned and innovative approaches;
- Engage CSN’s 7,000 member network of stormwater professionals throughout the Bay watershed to choose our grand prize winner and promote interactivity among members
Below are the three project winners and the links for more information about each project.
1. Combination of BMP in series
Anne Arundel County Collaboration Project
2. Habitat Creation in a BMP
South River Federation Collaboration Project
3. Stream Restoration
District Department of the Environment Collaboration Project